Best Color Combos for Kitchen Cabinets
As owners of one of the most modern kitchen showrooms NJ has to offer, we make it a priority to stay on top of the industry’s best. We want our clients to have access to all of the top products, most cutting-edge designs, and current trends in interior decorating.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to stay up to date with the newest designs and builds from Imperial Kitchen & Bath, and always check back here on the blog for new posts!
Today we’re sharing one popular trend in kitchen cabinets that allows you to add contrast and visual interest to the room. This trend flourished as custom kitchen cabinets become more accessible, and there was no longer a need to limit cabinets to one color.
A two-tone color scheme for kitchen cabinets is a modern and interesting way to add diversity to the room and these are a few of our favorite color combinations.
- Pretty Much Anything + White Kitchen Cabinets
When you are working with a neutral shade like with white kitchen cabinets, your possibilities for a second cabinet color are pretty much endless. You can go with another neutral, like grey or natural wood, or a bright color like green that complements the color scheme in the room.
- Red + Black Kitchen Cabinets
Red and black are a popular choice in ultra contemporary kitchens, as well as more vintage themed rooms. This color combination makes a statement, and is reserved for homeowners that are not color shy.
- Grey + Blue-Green Kitchen Cabinets
Grey and blue-green are a beautiful contrast. Turquoise, aqua, and teal are some of the more popular shades in the blue-green family, and we find that they play off each other perfectly. This is a great color combo for kitchen cabinets when homeowners are a bit more reserved when it comes to color.
- Light Blue + Dark Blue Kitchen Cabinets
A mash up of two shades of the same color is another subtle way to achieve a two-tone color scheme. One of our favorite duos within this approach is light blue and dark blue. Imagine a clear bright sky meeting the dark waters of the ocean. This combo creates an interesting relationship that is very striking but very soft at the same time.
- Natural Wood Finish + Grey Kitchen Cabinets
Industrial chic is definitely a popular theme that will continue into 2017. Combining natural wood and grey kitchen cabinets is a great foundation for achieving this style of design. You get the best of both worlds – the beauty of the outdoors and sleek, modern style.
Things to keep in mind when choosing color combos for kitchen cabinets:
- Whenever going with a two-tone color scheme for your kitchen cabinets it is important to consider the other elements of the room and how they can provide support. That might mean tying your grey and white kitchen cabinets together with a marble countertop or a backsplash that blends two contrasting colors.
- A two-tone color scheme doesn’t have to just include your wall and base cabinets. You can certainly do your wall and base cabinets the same color and then have your secondary color fall on your kitchen island.
- Choose complementary shades. We hope this post provided some inspiring color examples but if you don’t go with any of the provided ideas, do be cautious when choosing colors. It is important that the two tones do not clash — and create more of an eye sore than a focal point!
Find out why our clients say we have one of the best kitchen showrooms NJ has ever seen! We are open Monday through Saturday, and Sunday by appointment. Come take a tour and see our beautiful kitchen cabinets for yourself!